(Natural News) Scientists have discovered over 80 million autoimmune diseases, and over 80 million people in the U.S. alone suffer from one or more of these diseases. Being in such a state is a struggle as it is, but having to buy expensive medicine believing it will treat the disease is even more distressing.
Autoimmune diseases develop when a person’s immune system mistakes part of their body as foreign. So it produces and releases autoantibodies that attack your healthy cells. No one knows exactly why the immune system commits such a mistake, but researchers found that some kinds of this disease can be genetically transferred like lupus and multiple sclerosis.
Other types of autoimmune disease include Type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, Addison’s disease, Graves’ disease, Sjögren’s syndrome, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, myasthenia gravis, vasculitis, pernicious anemia, and celiac disease. It is also known to trigger more serious illnesses like Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
People who were diagnosed with an autoimmune disease tend to shy away from others, leaving them to suffer alone. The sad truth is, it does not only affect a person’s physical health, but it also attacks their mental state.
But contrary to doctors’ advice that drugs are the only solution to address the issue, autoimmune diseases can be prevented or reversed with the help of a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Many have already testified how their lives turned back around after leading a cleaner way of living.
What you can do to start reversing autoimmune disease
Now that you know there’s something you can do about the disease, you can start doing little changes to prevent yourself from developing it.
- Make sure you take care of your gut. Once its protective lining has been damaged, even just a little, the chances of your immune system overreacting increases.
- If you find out your gut has been compromised, find ways to let it heal.
- Have your antibody level checked.
- As much as possible, try to eat gluten-free products.
- Find out if you have a cross-reaction with some food.
- Always detoxify your body with regular intake of green leafy vegetables.
- Avoid sugar, processed foods, and refined table sugar.
- Remain calm and don’t let stress get the best of you.
- Eat foods that are rich in natural glutathione like onions and cabbage.
Knowing there are healthier and cheaper ways to prevent or reverse autoimmune diseases already gives you an advantage in life no matter how scary the condition may sound. But never let it eat you from the inside out. Watching the seven-part documentary series called Autoimmune Secrets may help enlighten you on the matter. Get insights and discover more secrets from over 50 experts and survivors. You can register now at no cost.