(Natural News) Researchers from the Hormozgan University of Medical Sciences in Iran assessed whether royal jelly can help relieve physical and emotional discomfort brought about by menopause. Their findings were published in the journal Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice.
- For their study, the researchers looked at the effects of royal jelly in treating menopausal symptoms. They noted that menopause is linked to physical and emotional discomfort in women and can adversely affect their quality of life.
- A total of 200 women from Bandar Abbas, Iran were enrolled for the double-blind, randomized clinical trial, which ran from June to November 2018.
- Participants were postmenopausal (i.e., 45–60 years old) and were given either 1,000 mg of royal jelly capsules or a placebo daily for eight weeks.
- The researchers instructed the participants to take the capsules daily for eight weeks.
- At baseline, the menopausal score between the control and experimental groups did not differ. However, the participants who were treated with royal jelly reported significant reductions in their menopausal score after the intervention.
In sum, the daily consumption of royal jelly for eight weeks effectively alleviated menopausal symptoms in the participants.
Learn more about natural postmenopausal treatments at WomensHealth.news.
Sharif SN, Darsareh F. EFFECT OF ROYAL JELLY ON MENOPAUSAL SYMPTOMS: A RANDOMIZED PLACEBO-CONTROLLED CLINICAL TRIAL. Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. 2019 Aug 22; 37: 47-50. DOI: 10.1016/j.ctcp.2019.08.006