(Natural News) In this review, researchers from China investigated the potential of acupuncture alone or in combination with lifestyle interventions to treat obesity. Their findings were published in The American Journal of Chinese Medicine.
- Obesity is an epidemic health problem that is linked to many medical conditions.
- Making healthy lifestyle changes is important in fighting obesity.
- In addition, acupuncture therapy is also believed to be helpful in weight management.
- Therefore, the Chinese researchers examined the effect of acupuncture alone or in combination with lifestyle changes on obesity.
- The researchers included 23 studies on acupuncture that involved a total of 1,808 participants.
- They found that acupuncture treatment resulted in a significant reduction in body mass index (BMI).
- The combination of acupuncture and lifestyle interventions caused a slightly greater reduction in BMI.
- The researchers found acupuncture to be safe as only mild adverse events were reported but no participants withdrew from the trials.
In conclusion, acupuncture is an effective treatment for obesity both alone and in combination with healthy lifestyle modification.
Learn how to fight obesity with natural ways by visiting FightObesity.news.
Fang S, Wang M, Zheng Y, Zhou S, Ji G. ACUPUNCTURE AND LIFESTYLE MODIFICATION TREATMENT FOR OBESITY: A META-ANALYSIS. The American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2017; 42(2):239-254. DOI: 10.1142/S0192415X1750015X