(Natural News) Brighteon.com, the free speech alternative to YouTube, has now rolled out a series of promised new features that help video content creators get more visibility (and build followers).
The new features, now active on Brighteon.com, include:
- Channel “subscribe” feature allows followers to subscribe to video channels they like. Once subscribed, all the recent videos from their favorite channels appear for that user on the home page of Brighteon.com.
- No shadowbanning. Users see all the videos of the channels they follow.
- Automatic categories for all videos, and a new home page that shows videos by category: Politics, Health, Food, Climate, Survival, Finance, Science, etc. Owners of videos can determine video categories by adding keyword tags to their videos, and they can change their video categories by changing those keyword tags.
- Video “likes” so that users can express their support for the videos they like.
- New dashboard enhancements for channel owners, including the ability to see total subscribers, total channel likes and more.
- Fully-integrated support for “Donate” buttons for channel owners who have SubscribeStar accounts. (Enter your SubscribeStar account ID in your dashboard, and the “Donate” button automatically goes to your SubscribeStar account page.)
At the same time, we’ve removed “Editor’s Picks” so that Brighteon editors are no longer involved in picking which videos appear on the home page. Now, the process is driven purely by fair, simple algorithms that are applied exactly the same across all channels and videos.
As always, there is no surveillance of users. Unlike evil tech giants like YouTube and Facebook, Brighteon does not track which videos are viewed by which users and does not build psychological profiles of users. The only thing we keep track of is a user’s channel subscribes (so that we can show that user the videos from the channels they follow).
Hear more about these new features in my official Brighteon update:
Join Brighteon now at this link. Once joined, you can:
- View and embed all the videos you want.
- “Follow” / subscribe to the channels you like.
- Post your own videos.
There are many new features coming for Brighteon.com. Help support this free speech platform by uploading and promoting your best videos about vaccines, food recipes, GMOs, political analysis, liberty, survival, firearms, home gardening and more.
Coming soon: Premium (paid) video content and video libraries
One of the next big features we’re rolling out is support for premium (paid) video content such as documentaries, feature films, premium how-to videos, etc. Content creators and owners will be able to upload these videos and set a purchase price. Once users purchase the video, they can access and watch that video in their video library (unlimited lifetime viewing).
Join Brighteon.com to receive announcements of more updates.