(Natural News) Toxins are harmful substances that exist all around us. We are exposed to them everyday through junk and processed foods, food additives, chemicals and pollution. These toxins can negatively impact the body, lowering our immune system and causing symptoms such as body pain, fever and tiredness. Fortunately, there are many ways the body can be detoxified, one of which is the ancient healing art of acupressure.
Acupressure is the technique of applying pressure to key healing points in the body and stimulating the body’s natural self-healing capabilities. Also known as reflexology or zone therapy, acupressure can be used to stimulate the flow of Qi or “healing energy” through vital body organs involved in detoxification, such as the liver, kidney, colon, lungs and skin. It can also be used to improve bladder function to make it more effective in eliminating toxins and other unwanted substances from the body.
Best acupressure points for detoxification
Flush out those unwanted toxins and improve your body functions by identifying and stimulating these recommended acupressure points:
- Great Rushing. On the lower part of the webbing between your big toe and your second toe is the Great Rushing point. This point is connected to the liver, the most important detoxifying organ. By alternately stimulating this point on both feet, you can aid in regulating and refreshing your liver. It can also be used to alleviate pain relating to menstrual cramps, headaches, and your lower back. (Related: Pain relief with acupressure. Relieving 10 common body aches and pains.)
- Three Yin Crossing. You can find this point three finger-widths above your inner ankle bone along the back of your tibia. You can promote the flow of healing energy and blood throughout your body by alternately stimulating this point on both legs. It can also be used to reduce stress and relieve pain relating to your knees, lower back, gynecological problems such as PMS and painful or irregular menstruation.
- Shu Mansion. Just below your collar bone is a depression where this pressure can be found. By alternately stimulating this area on both sides of your collar bone, you can help regulate your kidney functions. It also aids in treating breathing problems, asthma, chest tightness, anxiety, and fatigue.
- Union Valley. You can find this “valley” in the webbing between your thumb and index finger. Alternately stimulate this area on both your hands to aid in healthy bowel movement to flush out toxins. It can also be used to aid the treatment of skin disorders, acne, allergies, headache, fever, tooth ache and eye problems.
- Inner Gate. Locate this area on the palm side of your hand, in the middle of the arm, three finger widths above the wrist crease. Alternately stimulate this point on both arm to help regulate the healing energy in your stomach, heart and liver. It can also aid in treating chronic coughs, chest congestion, cardiac pain, asthma, dizziness. Use it to help manage your emotional state by relieving anxiety and irritability.
- Upper and Lower Seas of Qi. The torso contains two “seas” of healing energy. Stimulating both these pressure points can help strengthen your immune system. The Upper Sea of Qi can be found slightly below your breast bone’s center. Clear your chest and let rejuvenating Qi energy circulate around your lungs by stimulating this area. You can also use it to alleviate stress and anxiety. The Lower Sea of Qi can be located three finger widths below your belly button in the middle of your body. It can be used to relieve fatigue, headaches, body pain, abdominal and menstrual cramps, constipation, insomnia and general weakness.
|Discover how to prevent and reverse heart disease (and other cardio related events) with this free ebook: Written by popular Natural News writer Vicki Batt, this book includes everything you need to know about preventing heart disease, reversing hypertension, and nurturing your cardiac health without medication. Learn More.|
Acupressure can provide multiple health benefits to people suffering from a number of conditions. However, it is not recommended to use acupressure if you are pregnant as stimulating certain pressure points during pregnancy may cause unwanted side effects. Feel free to consult with a licensed acupressure therapist to find the best pressure points for improving your health.
If you want to learn more about toxins and how to detoxify your body, you can read more articles by visiting Detox.news.