(Natural News) On Wednesday night, CBS Evening News and NBC Nightly News both promoted a blatant lie from presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden, who claimed Donald Trump was America’s “first racist president.” Below are the facts about the Democratic Party’s abhorrent history of racism:
(Article by Kyle Drennen republished from NewsBusters.org)
Despite DNC operatives in the media routinely attempting to tar Republicans and conservatives as “racist,” history shows it’s the Democratic Party that has to answer for the nation’s worst racial atrocities – from the birth of the Confederacy, to the founding of the Ku Klux Klan, and right through the Jim Crow era. The Media Research Center is committed to telling the truth about the left, unlike the compliant press that push its extreme views.
- Following the election of 1828, the Democratic Party sent it’s first president to the White House – notorious racist Andrew Jackson. During his presidency, Jackson perpetrated the forced relocation of Native Americans from the southeastern United States to Oklahoma, known as the Trail of Tears.
- As the 1860 election ushered in the first Republican president, abolitionist Abraham Lincoln, every slave state that would make up the future Confederacy, except Virginia and Tennessee, voted for Democratic candidate John C. Breckinridge.
- Reflecting back on the Civil War during a speech in 1876, prominent 19th Century writer Robert G. Ingersoll put it this way: “Every man that loved slavery better than liberty was a Democrat. The man that assassinated Abraham Lincoln was a Democrat….Every man that raised bloodhounds to pursue human beings was a Democrat.”
- Following the war, it was Confederate veteran Nathaniel Bedford Forrest – a Democrat – who co-founded the white supremacist terrorist organization known as the Ku Klux Klan. In his book, A Short History of Reconstruction, historian Eric Foner explained: “In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party.”
- As Vanderbilt University political science professor Carol Swain put it for PragerU, “Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative and has a long history of discrimination.”
- Case in point, Democratic President Woodrow Wilson was a segregationist who once threw civil rights leaders out of the White House.
- In 1964, it was Senate Democrats who led a filibuster of the landmark Civil Rights Act that delayed passage of the legislation for 60 days, the longest such obstruction on record. In fact, as The Daily Signal pointed out, the GOP was far more supportive: “The bill received 43 of 46 Republican votes, or 93 percent, and 29 of 49 Democratic votes, or 59 percent.”
Even with this mountain of damning evidence, many in the leftist press still try to conceal the truth of the Democratic Party’s racist history. On June 30, USA Today attempted to do just that with a fake “fact-check” that pretended Democrats weren’t responsible for the Civil War or founding the KKK. The party itself has shamefully hidden its dark past, disgustingly claiming on its website: “For more than 200 years, our party has led the fight for civil rights….” Conveniently, the historical time line featured on that same page starts in 1920.
The next time some sanctimonious reporter or Democratic politician accuses any Republican or conservative of racism, someone should ask them if they’ve ever opened a history book.
Read more at: NewsBusters.org