(Natural News) Diseases can lurk around any corner. When a large-scale disease breaks out, whether it be natural or the result of a bioterrorist attack, governments will declare quarantine to try and quell the spread of the sickness. Here are three things you can do to prepare for an inevitable outbreak.
Boost your immune system
If you are not immune to the current disease raging in your location, your first line of defense against it will always be your own immune system. As strong as you may think your immune system is, it can always be stronger. Here are nine ways to boost your body’s natural defenses. (h/t to Healthline.com)
- Eat more whole plant foods, like fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds and legumes.
- Consume supplements, such as vitamins C and D and zinc.
- Limit your consumption of added sugars.
- Engage in moderate exercise by jogging, biking, swimming or hiking for at least 150 minutes per week.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Sleep at least seven to eight hours each night.
- Lower your stress levels.
- Eat more healthy fats, such as those found in salmon and olive oil.
- Eat fermented foods rich in probiotics, such as yogurt, kimchi and sauerkraut.
Prepare your home
To ensure that no pathogens can enter your home, you need to control what comes in and out. Make sure you are able to seal off all points of air entry into your house. Use air filters and ultraviolet light systems that can ensure all of the air entering your home is clean. While you might not need to wear a mask while at home, keep several on hand just in case.
Don’t forget that air is not the only thing that can enter your home. Rodents and insects can make their way through cracks in your walls and bring all sorts of diseases, such as dengue, Lyme disease and leptospirosis. Use good quality rodent traps and organic insecticides.
If you have the capacity to do so, consider setting up a small garden in your home. Quarantines can wreak havoc upon food networks and empty out shelves on groceries and supermarkets. But if you can grow your own food, it can help ensure that you have a steady supply of food during major periods of shortage. (Related: China now facing its own food crisis… is a food collapse also coming soon to the USA?)
Learn to navigate “germ factories”
If you have no choice but to leave your home to top up your supplies, you need to learn how to navigate “germ factories” such as groceries. Here are the four things you need to do the next time you go shopping during an outbreak:
- Wear a face mask. This mask needs to be able to filter out air and block out viruses and bacteria.
- Wear disposable surgical gloves. This will help protect your hands while you handle all of the items in the grocery. Avoid touching your face while you’re wearing your gloves.
- Do not wear the same shoes you use outdoors inside your home. Once you return from your trip, take off your outdoor shoes and leave them in an area where you can avoid them.
- Before you go out, spray down your clothes with antibacterial spray. As soon as you get home, change your clothes, take a shower and wash your hair.
Watch this Natural News report and find out what you need to know before you head out to the grocery store during a disease outbreak.
The next outbreak is just around the corner. Taking the necessary precautions can help you avoid getting sick.