(Natural News) Being lectured to, condemned, ridiculed and hated by elitist bullies is bad enough on a single day or for one issue.
(Article by Karen Kwiatkowski republished from LewRockwell.com)
This behavior went on for over two and a half years, for nearly a thousand days, in a thousand ways. The economic, social, interpersonal, and educational costs associated with the idiotic mandates and unscientific policies will last a lifetime for many, and certainly shortened the lifetimes of many more.
The suggestion printed by the WEF-loving, pro-war lefties at The Atlantic is that they and their global team of unscientific lemming-like nanny-state bullies – just possibly – were a bit misinformed (not their fault) in 2020/21 regarding masking, untested genetic injections, and actual death rates, etc (not their fault). This bully squad accepted without question the lies their government told them (not their fault). They not only eagerly, but radically and angrily defended and promoted those lies (partly their fault).
They hope we understand that it wasn’t entirely their fault, and that they are still smart and educated. They really just wanted to live and survive a flu-like disease with a death rate comparable to any other bad flu – and their nagging and incoherent jammering and name-calling was just so we also wouldn’t die – unless we refused the experimental free required shot and continued to live our lives and try and keep our businesses open, then if we died it was kind of funny to them.
Their excuse was fear, but in reality it was not fear at all, and nor was it hate although it looked like it. It was contempt from Day One. Leftover contempt from the Trump era, pumped up and recirculated via a government over-response to a disease that now we understand to have been created via gain of function in a government lab by American scientists, including several who had close personal and professional relationships with Fauci. It was individual contempt, political contempt, and institutional contempt for the masses as demonstrated by the Gates Foundation and its compadres, the Democratic Party, and numerous government aligned institutions and industries.
Emily Oster wants us to forgive each other, but it isn’t hate they dished out to us. If it had been, that hate might be forgiven. If they hated us because they didn’t know any better – and now they don’t hate us anymore because they know better – well, that can be forgiven.
However, contempt is not something that can be “forgiven” by the formerly contemptible. Their contempt for us has nothing to do with us, and it isn’t our problem. Their contempt for us should be eliminated – not by our “forgiveness” which is irrelevant – but by their own internal change, their own decisions, individually, that we are at least their equals, and quite possibly, in the case of the COVID policy fiasco, examples they could and should have followed, rather than condemned.
There are some steps that, if taken, would make me believe that they are serious. Oster has tossed out a veiled and somewhat worried request for a kind of “forgiveness” and tellingly she also used the word “amnesty.” She knows what we all know: crimes were committed, and citizen trust in governing institutions and their university/media/industry cohorts has been broken and will not be easily restored.
Clearly, most people harmed by the myriad of bad policies and bad attitudes by the virulent anti-critical thinking crowd are no where near ready to forgive. There could be a time for that after court cases are adjudicated, government bureaucrats fired, politicians kicked out of office, and the books and the science comes out from behind the shadows. When the ghoulish merger of government and big Pharma and the medical institutions is destroyed, and we gain back the freedom we should have always had with regards to our health care decisions and actions, then there could be time for forgiveness.
I’d like to see a 12 step movement embraced and acted upon by people like Emily. Addicts, like the The bullying anti-science left wing are addicts – they gave over personal responsibility to think and act soberly and fairly, to the thing they are addicted to – government centralized power and their own comfortable sense of superiority over people who disagree with them politically. To this end, I recommend that Emily Oster and all of her peers and allies:
- Admit they were powerless over their knee-jerk acceptance of government messaging, that their lives had become unmanageable, and yet they remained arrogant.
- Come to believe a Power greater than themselves could restore them to sanity – and that power is not the federal government or its associated bureaucracies and lackey institutions.
- Made a decision to turn their will and their lives over to the care of God as they understand God.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of themselves, and their actions, beliefs and behaviors over the past 3 years.
- Admitted to God, to themselves and to another human being the exact nature of their wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked God to remove their shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons they have harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when they were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve their conscious contact with God as they understood God, praying only for the knowledge of God’s will for them and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, they tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all their affairs.
I’d be happy if they simply looked into half of these 12 – choose any six steps and go for it. But I imagine that none of these steps is what Emily and her ilk had in mind.
Maybe when their icons are sitting in jail, having lied publicly one too many times, and having participated in mass murder, they will recognize their addiction, and seek to make a personal change. With Covid, this group of almost a hundred million Americans demonstrated a thousand days of collapses in critical thinking, a thousand days of lockstep unwillingness to question authority, and a thousand days of animalistic rage and aggression toward those who displayed a healthy distrust of large, nontransparent and unaccountable organizations and institutions.
So far, none of this is being addressed. No doubt we will suffer these kinds of freedom-destroying government-driven movements again, be the crisis a man-made disaster, a false flag, or an act of God. Next time, however, the other hundred thousand of contemptibles among us might not take it lying down.
Read more at: LewRockwell.com