(Natural News) Dr. Peter Pry – Executive Director of the Task Force on National and Homeland Security – warns that the consequences of not being prepared for this event are much more severe than one may think:
(Article republished from StrangeSounds.org)
“within a year of an EMP event at least 2 thirds or the us population will perish from starvation, disease and social collapse…”
Former CIA double agent (Reza Kahlili) who spent time in the Iranian Army confirmed that the Iranians have conducted missile tests of ships in the Caspian See that are consistent with an EMP attack:
“They are going to get to the Gulf of Mexico with ballistic missiles and they can launch one at a moment’s notice and they wouldn’t care about the repercussions…”
As shown in the first video, years ago the US Army indeed straightened some military equipment against an EMP attack.
The congressional study EMP Report (2008) indicated potential casualty rates of 90%.
The result: the commission was disbanded! What the US does to prevent an EMP attack right now? NOTHING!
So now imagine…
What if you woke up one morning and nothing worked? What if there was no electricity? What if all transportation came to a halt?
An EMP event would instantly destroy any means of telecommunication, bank account would disappear, planes would fall from the skies, nuclear plants would not be able to cool down the reactors, we would have no running water (water pumps) and every piece of electronics we use from pacemakers to phones to gasoline pumps would stop!
Your refrigerator will stop working and all your food will spoil in a matter of days! If you and your family are not together, you won’t be able to contact or see them.
This is a catastrophic threat and North Korea, China, Russia and even ISIS… they all understand it and they are all working on it. And if they’ll ever wage war on us, they would be stupid not to strike America’s Achilles heel!
If one of the nuclear powers blasts a nuclear weapon 275 miles above the US it will produce an EMP that will basically send us, the Canadian and the Mexicans back to the Dark Ages.
Will we be able to fight back in case of a nuclear war?
I don’t think so! Probably most of our ICBM’s will turn into a pile of junk (although some are EMP hardened). The communication lines and mobiles will become useless. And on top of that, I don’t think that our ballistic missile defense (BMD) system will work at all after a powerful HEMP.
This video actually explains what is a HEMP:
Here are some useful things to protect yourself from an EMP:
1. Build a Faraday Cage
A Faraday cage is a sealed enclosure that has an electrically conductive outer layer and a non-conductive inner layer. The purpose of this box is to protect any electronics inside it in case of an EMP. There are basically two simple ways of building a Faraday cage:
by wrapping a non-conductive box (such as cardboard or wood) in a conductive material (such as aluminum foil)
by using a conductive box (like an ammo can) and isolate the inner walls of the box with foam (polystyrene) or a cheap Yoga mat or maybe window insulating foam
2. Store in your Faraday Cage the most important survival electronics like:
- A radio (for communication and gathering information);
- An old laptop computer with downloads of ebooks and stored personal information or at least a manual on how to make a generator using materials you can find in your home;
- A set of walkie-talkies that run on rechargeable batteries;
- A small generator;
- A manually rechargeable flashlight (most flashlights have electronics in them so they will also fry);
- Electronic parts for cars;
- Any electronic equipment you don’t use on a regular basis buy may need when SHTF like: night vision and other electronic optics, solar battery chargers, drills;
3. Store fuel
This does not mean you have to store tons of fuel. You won’t want to be seen driving around. Just a few gallons in a small tank that will allow you to conduct a few basic unpredictable operations like: bringing your family home safe or an emergency getaway car in case things get really bad in your town. (That only if you manage to protect your car against the EMP)
4. Save your car!
Basically you have 3 good options:
- Place in the Faraday cage the vital electronics your car needs (doubles) and replace them after the EMP (PCM – Powertrain Control Module, Electronic Fuel Injection, Electronic Ignition and possibly even other parts depending on the vehicle)
- Buy a cheap old back-up car that does not have vital electronic parts (like a 1984 Toyota Hilux 4×4 – around $1200).
Plan on living self-sustained
This means fulfilling all our 3 basic needs: water, food and shelter**!**
Have in mind a place where to procure water when there will be no running water. Have in mind a place where you can plant and harvest crops. Buying at least one acre in the countryside would give you at least something to plan with.
One of the best ways to do that is by building a system totally independent from the environment. I have something you need to watch. It’s much better than I am at explaining the threat.
6. Stockpile essentials like
Food – for at least 5 months (winter plus two more months) – if you have a plan to go “self-sustained” and a 12 months if you don’t plan to do that. Remember that there will be no refrigeration.
Water – This is actually the most important event for which you need to store water! Even in case of droughts people don’t die because of the lack of water. But this is not the case. In case of an EMP there will be no running water, and if you are not close to a river or a fountain you may die. You need to know your location and set in your mind a walking route to a local fountain or a nearby river. If it is 3 days away (walking) it is not good. Store water for at least 10 days and head to the water source to get more water reserves starting day one.
Tools like an axe, a knife first aid kit and antibiotics **(**you won’t be able to call 911)
7. Some things you should have in the car
We all spend a lot of time driving and you should not be totally surprise if an EMP gets you stuck many miles away from home on a deadly cold winter or in a desert miles away from water. Whatever the case, it doesn’t cost you anything to keep some of your equipment ready in your car:
- warm clothing
- long term food (some emergency food ration bars) and water (at least 1-3 gallons)
- a fire starter
- a knife
- maybe a fold up bike
- and whatever you think – depending on the distance and time of your journey;
Also… if you plan on a remote and long journey you may want to consider throwing your bug out bag into the trunk.
8. Secure Your Home against Looters
OCOKA is a military term that stands for: Observation and fields of fire, Cover and Concealment, Obstacles, Key Terrain, Avenues of Approach
When setting up home defenses OCOKA should always be kept in mind and each principle addressed. Following these five key principles, you will greatly improve your security and survivability.
9. Some things you need to have at home
These things will become important valuables after an EMP:
- When your bank account will disappear or you won’t be able to withdraw your money, you’ll be in trouble. Keep some cash and some gold (doesn’t lose value as normal currency does) at home.
- Charcoal – you can make a lot of things with it (from water filters to gun powder)
- Duct tape, Cable Ties and Super Glue (if you want to build or improvise something, like a simple wind generator you’ll need these)
- Lamp oil, Candle Wax and Wicks
- Anything you know it will be useful for you – depending on your bug out plan.
10. Consider buying, making or learn how to make a simple Survival Generator
This generator has to be small enough to fit in your Faraday Cage. Some generators can be really expensive, but if you know where to look and what to buy you can get a small one for $200-$300 (1200 Watts). An electric generator using wood as fuel would be perfect. Otherwise, you should also consider storing more fuel.
So, get prepared for a very possible EMP attack… Be ready!
Read m0re at: StrangeSounds.org