(Article by Frankie Stockes republished from NationalFile.com)
The Russian defense ministry and Donetsk authorities report that 23 civilians were killed in a Ukrainian missile attack on the city of Donetsk, the capital of the Donestk People’s Republic. An additional 28 civilians have been reported wounded in what those on the Russian side of the conflict are calling a war crime.
Donetsk, along with several other Russian-speaking regions of Ukraine, broke away from the nation in 2014 after its elected pro-Russian government was overthrown in a “revolution” backed by George Soros and Barack Obama. Ukraine has been in chaos ever since and the Russian state has accused the Ukrainians of committing genocide against the Russian-speaking population, though it should be noted that these claims have not been verified.
In one video clip of the alleged Ukrainian missile strike taken from a surveillance camera, civilians in Donetsk can be seen in what appears to be a bank. Business is seen carrying on as usual in the clip before its subjects are suddenly thrown to the floor and windows are blasted out of the building as the missile landed nearby.
Outside, a bus stop in the city center had been ravaged and dead civilians, including children, dotted the street. Some citizens could be seen frantically mourning the losses as emergency workers responded.
“People were waiting in line near an ATM and were standing at a bus stop,” Denis Pushilin, the head of the Donetsk People’s Republic told the media. “There are children among the dead,” he went on to say.
The Russian side claims the missile was a Ukrainian Tochka-U rocket and was designed to act as a “cluster munition” capable of detonating above the city of Donetsk to inflict maximum damage. To the contrary, at least one pro-Russian separatist leader says the Ukrainian missile was actually intercepted and shot down, breaking into pieces as a result.
On the other hand, the Ukrainians deny the missile came from them, and say there is no point in even talking about it. “It is unmistakably a Russian rocket or another munition, there’s not even any point talking about it,” Leonid Matyukhin, a Ukrainian military spokesman, told media during a briefing, suggesting the missile attack was a false flag.
As the Russo-Ukrainian War has unfolded in recent weeks, Western media and social networks have sought to tightly control the narrative coming out of embattled regions, censoring combat footage and other news that paints the Ukrainian side in a bad light, while likening the Russians to German Nazis in World War 2.
As previously reported by National File, Americans and other Western volunteers who travelled to Ukraine to aid in the war effort have reported horrifying experiences and brutality among the Ukrainian forces. One American volunteer described his harrowing experience on video, and claimed that Westerners had been killed in an air strike on Ukrainian positions. The same man, who made it out of Ukraine, reported that Western volunteers are effectively locked inside the country. He said that while foreign volunteers have been attempting to leave, Ukrainians have destroyed their passports and threatened to shoot them in the back should they walk away.
— Frankie Stockes - Reporter (@stockes76) March 16, 2022
Read more at: NationalFile.com