(Natural News) Brighteon.com is getting close to launch. We’re aiming to have some very basic functionality up and running by July 4th, with many additional features rolling out throughout the month of July.
Watch my video below for more details, but the upshot is:
- Basic functionality is nearly in place, with a hoped-for launch of a few video channels on July 4th. (“Basic functionality” means videos are playable on multiple devices and can be embedded in web pages.)
- User comments will be functioning but are relying on Disqus, which engages in some user tracking that we don’t like, so our long-term plan is to replace Disqus with something better.
- We’re launching shop.Brighteon.com as an e-commerce platform with affiliate links to video content owners, meaning that those who upload videos can also choose to opt-in for the affiliate program and earn a percentage of sales through shop.Brighteon.com. (Explained more in the video, below.) We do all order fulfillment and customer support.
- We’re also launching an editorial push for newsworthy videos which get uploaded to Brighteon.com. At our discretion, we will select videos each day for editorial coverage, and we’ll write about those videos and the video creators. These stories will be syndicated across all the websites we publish, which currently includes over 350 unique news sites. (A typical story will qualify for syndication to perhaps 10 or so websites, depending on the subject matter.)
- Content deemed dangerous to society will be banned. This includes pro-communism, gun confiscation, anti-liberty content and similar topics which are described in more detail in our upcoming community guidelines to be posted on Brighteon.com.
Watch the full video for more details, and be sure to sign up at Brighteon.com for your own free video account: