(Natural News) Have you ever wondered exactly HOW hemp extracts are analyzed using laboratory instrumentation to determine the concentration of cannabinoids such as CBD, THC, CBD-A and more?
In this video, the Health Ranger narrates a fascinating (and highly technical) screen capture walkthrough of a mass spec laboratory analysis of hemp extracts. This video covers:
- Retention time identification of cannabinoids on a chromatogram
- Mass discrimination extraction of targeted molecules from an ion-extracted chromatogram
- Creating a quantitation curve using known standards
- Quanting the concentration of cannabidiol in an unknown sample by using the quant curve
- Identifying THC-A and other lesser cannabinoids using a combination of retention time and mass discrimination
- Converting mass / volume units to arrive at final concentration for hemp extract product bottles
This CBD analysis method was developed at CWC Labs by the Health Ranger and his colleagues. It is being featured in an upcoming peer-reviewed science paper that will be published in a mainstream science journal.