About Us
Write for Us
Media Info
Advertising Info

Electrical Stimulation Can Help to Heal Bites and Stings

Friday, December 14, 2007 by: Luise Densmore
Tags: electromedicine, electrical stimulation, insect bites

Most Viewed Articles

(NewsTarget) Insect and other animal stings respond to electrical stimulation, which allows a more rapid healing, sometimes with only one or two treatments. Irritating and poisonous bites of various kinds can often be quickly resolved with use of electrical shock directly to the bite area. Of course, the more immediately the stimulation is applied the greater chance for a swift resolution. There are reasonable cautions crucial to using this innovative technique, so be aware of what you are doing first! Electricity is powerful and dangerous but can be harnessed ingeniously to unique advantage.

This treatment has been used for over twenty years in a rural area of Oklahoma; for an astute farmer/rancher in that area devised his method for use on rattlesnake bites. Since the rattlesnakes are numerous in that southwest area, and a doctor was not usually available when urgently needed rurally, he developed a modified stun gun for this use, as he had heard of 'some such thing' and decided he could help himself and his neighbors. It seems the electrical charge applied changes the form of the venom, which is protein in nature, and it becomes non-lethal and able to be discharged through normal bodily systems.

There are devices available that use this innovation, though of course not generally accepted by most of the orthodox medical and federal establishment. Several thousand modified stun gun devices of this type were sold in the 1980s before the FDA banned advertisement of this 'quack' treatment in April 1990. Information on such devices may be obtained by going to the website (www.starrwalker.com) and inquiring about any availability. Some particular devices are quite expensive. Another pioneer advocate in this treatment is Howard Hagglund, M.D. in Oklahoma, who first spoke of that farmer's treatment device on his radio show before the FDA ban. There is vast information available online, though one ought to also read the occasional negative site to further gain understanding in some of the facets of treatment and cautionary statements, even controversial opinions.

There is a missionary organization that provides a solar electrical-shock device for their workers who serve in tropical countries prone to high poisonous bite incidence. Relating to this, an incident of electrical healing was published in a church paper several years ago. It was that of a young woman in India who was seen being bitten by a fatally poisonous snake. The observer was a missionary who had heard of the electrical shock device but not having one, gave the snake bite site an immediate jolt from his motorcycle sparkplugs. The woman lived, though of course both stunned by the emotional shock of snakebite and the heavy electrical shock, recovered fully and had no further health problems from that "always-known-to-be-fatal" snakebite. Of course, this particular mode of electrical treatment is not recommended!

Dr. Ron Guderian, an American physician/missionary to Ecuador had reported treating snakebites with electrical devices in the rainforest peoples with great success from 1980 1986, as reported in an article in Time Magazine's August 18, 1986 issue. There is an applicable explanation of electrical specifications in that article. Applicable information is given on this website also (www.patentstorm.us/patents/5350416-description.html). This modified stun gun treatment protocol was published in Outdoor Magazine in April, 1986 and sold many additional copies requested specifically for
that electrical/bite information. Another instructive site for investigation is (www.venomshock.wikidot.com) which will show you how the electrical stimulation seems to work against venoms.

The author has had successful personal experience with treating recluse spider bites: 'Five years ago a relative was bitten above the frontal knee area, one that had occurred either during the night or early morning. Since the recluse bite is rarely immediately painful, he did not realize that it was a recluse bite until that evening when he looked at his leg. He had noted the typical itching during the day which was not subsiding, and on examination that evening, a two inch area was quite inflamed, red, and beginning to become painfully feverish. I did not see the bite until two days later at which time it was approximately a five inch circle of vivid red pain around a dime-sized dark area of beginning necrosis in the center - the initial bite site. I used a
wet cloth over the area and treated it with an Electreat for three to four minutes at a time, and did this for four or five instances. The Electreat was taken home that day and used similarly for the next day. A second day of treatment consisted of only one time of use; as the area was light pink, hardly painful, and the necrosis had not spread. About twelve days later a dime-sized piece of scabby skin came off the small necrotic area leaving a barely visible scar, with no further adverse effects.

This Electreat is an antique flashlight-like instrument with a metal roller and adjustable electrical intensities that was used in the 1930s to 1950s, and even today by those who kept them. They were used for varied dis-ease such as rheumatism, arthritis, joint and muscular pains, headaches, and many other stated infirmities. It uses D batteries and is no longer manufactured. A Google search will find you information about this device.

A vaguely similar electrical stimulator is the Pointer Plus which is a smaller hand held machine used for trigger or reflex point finding and treatment. It is stated to be useful for mild 'needle-less acupuncture'. This particular device has been used frequently by me on mosquito bites, "bug" bites, and on a baby recluse spider bite. It removes the itching in just a minute or three when applied directly to the bite. The sooner applied after the bite, the more rapid and complete the resolution occurs. However, it alone was not of sufficient power to handle completely the problem of the baby recluse bite on my daughter's thigh. It was necessary the next day to treat the inflamed area with another more powerful machine, the ElectroAccuscope, which was available to me. Again, this upper thigh bite resolved within about four days with no negative residue. Part of this was certainly due to the fact that it was a bite of one of several baby recluse peers that had perceptibly run from rug cleaning activity.

Pictures of the brown recluse spider and its dreadful bite wounds may be seen at the following website, though discretion is advised because of the graphic injuries shown. It is (www.ascendedhealth.com) and just click on the two links provided.

The orthodox medical community does not have a sufficient treatment for the serious bite of the brown recluse. The standard treatment is palliative to prevent infection and thus finally allow the body to heal itself. Sometimes surgery is considered necessary to stop the gangrenous type of tissue death. This venom causes death of skin and muscle tissue that can involve very large areas around the bite, sometimes even reaching down to the bone structure. Depending on the immune system health of the bitten individual, healing processes progress slowly or more rapidly, barring any added infection. The size and health of the spider is also a factor in the amount of poison injected at biting. It is rarely possible that the brown recluse bite can be fatal.

The itchiness of a mosquito bite or the sting of a fire ant has often fully absolved with the use of electrical stimulation. Those anonymous bug bites are always candidates for this treatment. There is a homemade device made of a six volt battery, two short wires, and two cloth 'electrodes' that would be feasible to use. There is even a product on the market advertised for itchy skin, a small hand held "heater" that dissipates heat into the bite area to help stop itching through increased blood flow and carrying away of the venom. There are cosmetic products now available for zapping pimples that might be used in the case of minor insect bites to relieve pain, itching, swelling, with the application of the mild electrical stimulation. The inventive electrical contractor or student may search and adjust his knowledge to make his own usable devices.

The technologies of today are expanding rapidly and much of this inventive research is focusing on electricity, hopefully to replace a lot of the barbaric medicine that is now practiced. There are risks in the unknown, so while you seek do not experiment without knowledge. When you inquire, be aware of validity both scientific and moral. But never give up your query for there are astounding answers yet to be discovered!

About the author

Seek - Find - Learn - Share
Luise is a long term hobbiest in writing, most of which consists of family historical writings. Also some
informative personalized medical projects for family
and friends, and additionally original poetry for hand
crafted greeting cards. A poem was published in Poetry Journal topically emphasizing Indian heritage, and two true Christmas stories were published in local newspapers.

Receive Our Free Email Newsletter

Get independent news alerts on natural cures, food lab tests, cannabis medicine, science, robotics, drones, privacy and more.

comments powered by Disqus

Natural News Wire (Sponsored Content)

Science News & Studies
Medicine News and Information
Food News & Studies
Health News & Studies
Herbs News & Information
Pollution News & Studies
Cancer News & Studies
Climate News & Studies
Survival News & Information
Gear News & Information
News covering technology, stocks, hackers, and more